Construction Certificate Checklist

Construction Certificate Checklist

While information varies for each project, the below is a general list of mandatory documents required prior to assessment.  If these items are NOT supplied with the application form they will NOT be provided to a certifier for assessment until all items are received.

  • One copy of the council Development Consent (with conditions)
  • One coloured copy of DA plans and docs stamped by council
  • Four hard copies of architectural plans (showing Basix commitments if applicable)
  • Four copies of Structural Engineers Plans
  • Four copies of specifications
  • Plans stamped by the Local Water Authority
  • Four hard copies of Stormwater Plans
  • Home Building Compensation Fund Certificate or an Owner Builder Permit (residential)
  • Long Service Levy payment receipt (work exceeding $25,000)
  • Three copies of Basix certificate (habitable dwellings/pools)
  • Receipt for any Section 94 contributions (multi-unit sites)
  • Receipt for any Section 94A contributions (residential over $100,000)
  • Payment of Urban Approvals Pty Ltd invoice
  • Signed Urban Approvals Pty Ltd Application forms
  • Footpath Crossing Permit/Roads Act Approval (if new driveway)

Please note it is likely there will be other items required once assessment

has commenced.  As each type of building work and each local government

area has different requirements it is impossible to determine an exact checklist.

However, most projects require these items and it provides a good starting

point for an assessment.

You will be contacted in writing after the initial assessment if any further

items particular to your development are required prior to the issuance of your Construction certificate.