Checklist for Construction Certificates
Listed below are the general items required for lodgement of a Construction Certificate request. Depending on the type of development and requirements of the associated development consent, items of submission may vary.
Constructions Certificate Application (CC with PCA Nomination form)
Notice of Commencement
- Completion of Construction Certificate Application form including signatures for consent of ALL owners.
- Completion of Building Schedule form .
- Completion of Notice of Commencement of Building Works & Appointment of Principal Certifying Authority form.
- One (1) copy of all Council DA approved plans (council stamped).
- One (1) copy of Council Development Consent .
- Four (4) copies of Architectural plans designed to satisfy Conditions of Consent and current building regulations.
- Four (4) copies of Building Specifications .
- One (1) copy of Home Owners Warranty insurance if using a licensed builder and the value of the work exceeds $12,000. OR one (1) copy of Owner Builder Permit if not using a licensed builder and works exceeds $5,000.
- Proof of payment of Long Service Levy if value of work is $25,000 or over.
- Four (4) sets of Structural Engineer's Plans.
To be provided if required by development project
- Four (4) sets of:
- Structural engineers details and specifications;
- Hydraulic engineers details and specifications;
- Manufacturers specifications;
- Landscaping details.
- One (1) copy of the plans coloured (Alterations and Additions to an existing dwelling(s) only). Existing portion to remain uncoloured.
- External finishes and colour schedule.
- Schedule of Fire Safety Measures (applicable to Class 2 – 9 developments).
- Evidence (receipts) of payment of Council fees for example - road opening, damage deposit.
- Evidence of payment of Section 94 contributions.
- Evidence of application to the Water Authority for a Section 73 certificate.
- Copy of the Owner Builder's Permit or housing insurance.